The Executive Director is the key management leader of the K-State Student Union and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization in order to carry out the mission of the Union. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, mission and strategic plan of the Union. The full position description can be found at the bottom of this page.
Screening Committee Members
- Dr. Derek Jackson, committee chair, assistant vice president for Student Life/director of Housing and Dining Services
- Cindy Bontrager, vice president for Administration and Finance
- Kedric Elmore, day building manager, K-State Student Union
- Craig Johnson, associate director/director of operations, K-State Student Union
- Beth Bailey, assistant director/program director, K-State Student Union
- Donita Whitney, senior instructor of Management
Candidate Open Forum Information
The search committee invites the campus to attend an open forum presentation from Corey Williamson, finalist for the executive director position of the Union. Williamson currently serves as associate director of the Iowa State University Memorial Union.
K-Staters are encouraged to attend the open forum from 3-4 p.m., Thursday, June 14 in Wildcat Chamber on the first floor of the Union. Williamson will present on one of the following topics:
- The role of a student union with a university-wide commitment to student success
- The changing direction of a college union for the future
- The student union's diversity and inclusion role
The presentation will be approximately 40 minutes with the remaining time used for a question and answer session from those in attendance. An online candidate feedback survey for participants is available here. Oral or written feedback on the candidate may also be directed to members of the search committee. Feedback needs to be provided no later than 5 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Faculty, staff and students are also invited to visit with Williamson during a meet and greet session at 3 p.m., Friday, June 15 in the Fireside Lounge on the first floor of the Union.