The Union recognizes outstanding employees, volunteers and former employees through the Career Achievement Award, Vision Award, Employee Achievement Award and Stanley L. Winter Alpha Tau Omega Leadership Scholarship.
The Vision Award identifies and extends our sincere appreciation to the individuals in the history of the Union whose efforts, commitment, influence and dreams energized the growth and service of our student union.
2021 recipient: Bill Muir, UGB ex-officio
The Employee Achievement Award, given twice a year to a student and professional staff recipient, recognizes and honors employees for their dedication. Individuals are nominated by peers and selected based on outstanding achievements.
- Student recipient: Brooke Colglazier, building operations
- Staff recipient: Jeff White, marketing
- Student recipients: Zachary Dillinger and Erin Stroup, marketing
- Staff recipient: Naomi Rodriguez, programs
The Stanley L. Winter Alpha Tau Omega Leadership Scholarship perpetuates the memory of Stanley L. Winter on the campus of Kansas State University and provides educational opportunities and assistance for upper-level students who possess exemplary attributes in scholarship, fellowship and character.
2020-2021 recipients: Vedant Kulkarni, Matthew Swords, and Ryan Urban
Career Achievement Award
The Union serves the K-State community successfully because of the devotion, creativity, caring and hard work of its loyal staff members over many years. It is more than a building, but a community of people... people who make a difference.
The following individuals are honored for 25 or more years of service to the Union.
- Jack Connaughton, associate director: 1980-2010
- Terri Eddy, recreation manager: 1976-2011
- Kelly Umscheid, recreation mechanic: 1985-2011
- John Anneberg, custodial specialist: 1965-2012
- Sandra Barnes, Cats' Den Coordinator: 1985-2012
- Elias Saig, custodial specialist: 1979-2012
- Jack Thoman, assistant director of business services: 1972-2016
- William Wisdom, assistant director of retail services: 1968-2016
- Michael Farres, custodial specialist: 1974-2016
- John Garetson, bowling center manager: 1982-2016
- Rhonda McCabe, ID center assistant manager: 1983-2019
- John Frese, maintenance repair technician manager: 1966-2020
- Georgia Perez, accounting specialist: 1977-2020