"The hours were flexible and corresponded to my class schedule, and everyone in my office is focused on seeing me succeed as a student as well as an employee."
"I am learning time management skills and ways to interact with tons of different people and personalities. These skills will give me a head start in whatever career I may find myself in, in the future."
Student/Part-Time Opportunities and Benefits
Benefits for student and part-time staff at the Union include:
- Students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 are eligible for an annual scholarship in the amount of $500 ($250 per semester) from the Union.
- Hourly student employees are exempt from social security and Medicare taxes being withheld. This is commonly referred to as FICA; the current FICA rate is 7.65% of gross wages.
- Students enjoy a flexible work schedule because school is priority number one.
- Students can participate in the many fun Union employee social events.
- Student employees receive discounts at Campus Store, Cats’ Den, Bowling Center, & select Union restaurants.
- Students enjoy easy access to work by staying right here on campus.
- The pride that comes along with working at the #16 ranked best college union in the country! (According to CollegeRank.net, 2017)
- Advancement opportunities are available.
- Learn and develop essential skills for the future:
- Work Ethic
- Honesty and Integrity
- Career-Specific Responsibilities
- Customer Service
- Motivation and Initiative
- Analytical Thinking
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Retail Services Team Member
Responsibilities: Responsible for customer experience by maintaining efficient, fast, friendly and personalized services by developing a rapport with our customers. Be knowledgeable with our products and services. Maintain the highest quality products by adhering to standard food safe procedures. Accurately ring sale orders into the cash register and count back change to customers. Report all customer complaints to manager on duty and respond proactively to prevent customer service situations. Report potential safety hazards, employee incidents and operational inconsistencies to the manager on duty. Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: Customer service experience, cash handling experience and cash register experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek diverse employees. See the non-discrimination policy at k-state.edu/nondiscrimination. The final, non-student part-time candidate must pass a criminal history check as related to the position.