"The hours were flexible and corresponded to my class schedule, and everyone in my office is focused on seeing me succeed as a student as well as an employee."
"I am learning time management skills and ways to interact with tons of different people and personalities. These skills will give me a head start in whatever career I may find myself in, in the future."
Student/Part-Time Opportunities and Benefits
Benefits for student and part-time staff at the Union include:
- Students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 are eligible for an annual scholarship in the amount of $500 ($250 per semester) from the Union.
- Hourly student employees are exempt from social security and Medicare taxes being withheld. This is commonly referred to as FICA; the current FICA rate is 7.65% of gross wages.
- Students enjoy a flexible work schedule because school is priority number one.
- Students can participate in the many fun Union employee social events.
- Student employees receive discounts at Campus Store, Cats’ Den, Bowling Center, & select Union restaurants.
- Students enjoy easy access to work by staying right here on campus.
- The pride that comes along with working at the #16 ranked best college union in the country! (According to CollegeRank.net, 2017)
- Advancement opportunities are available.
- Learn and develop essential skills for the future:
- Work Ethic
- Honesty and Integrity
- Career-Specific Responsibilities
- Customer Service
- Motivation and Initiative
- Analytical Thinking
- Flexibility and Adaptability
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek diverse employees. See the non-discrimination policy at k-state.edu/nondiscrimination. The final, non-student part-time candidate must pass a criminal history check as related to the position.